Luxamend is contraindicated for use on bleeding wounds, skin rashes related to food or medicine allergies, and when an allergy to one of the ingredients is known.
- In radiation therapy, Luxamend may be applied as directed by the treating physician. Do not apply 4 hours prior to a radiation session.
- Do not apply Luxamend to dermal grafts until after the graft has successfully taken.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- For the treatment of any dermal wound, consult a physician. Use Luxamend only as directed.
- Luxamend does not contain a sunscreen and should not be used prior to extended exposure to the sun.
- The use of Luxamend on skin rashes due to allergies has not been studied sufficiently and therefore is not recommended.
- If clinical signs of infection are present, appropriate treatment should be initiated. If clinically indicated, use of Luxamend may be continued during the anti-infective therapy.
- If condition does not improve within 10-14 days, consult a physician.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of medical products to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Click here for Full Prescribing Information.