Don’t hide it – help heal it!
Luxamend ® is a water-based emulsion formulated for the dressing and management of superficial wounds; minor abrasions; dermal ulcers; donor sites; 1st and 2nd degree burns, including sunburns; and radiation dermatitis. When applied properly to a wound, Luxamend provides an optimum moist environment for the healing process.
Click on the button below for a valuable Savings Card
Indications and Usage
Luxamend is indicated for use in:
- Full Thickness Wounds, Pressure Sores, Dermal Ulcers including Lower Leg Ulcers
- Superficial Wounds
- 1st and 2nd Degree Burns, including Sunburns
- Dermal Donor and Graft Site Management
- Radiation Dermatitis
- Minor Abrasions
Luxamend is contraindicated for use on bleeding wounds, skin rashes related to food or medicine allergies, and when an allergy to one of the ingredients is known.
- In radiation therapy, Luxamend may be applied as directed by the treating physician. Do not apply 4 hours prior to a radiation session.
- Do not apply Luxamend to dermal grafts until after the graft has successfully taken.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- For the treatment of any dermal wound, consult a physician. Use Luxamend only as directed.
- Luxamend does not contain a sunscreen and should not be used prior to extended exposure to the sun.
- The use of Luxamend on skin rashes due to allergies has not been studied sufficiently and therefore is not recommended.
- If clinical signs of infection are present, appropriate treatment hould be initiated. If clinically indicated, use of Luxamend may be continued during the anti-infective therapy.